Chicago-area running store Fleet Feet recently released a list of 12 most dangerous intersections in Chicago for runners. The store polled runners using Reddit and Twitter to compile the list.
Topping the list is Roosevelt and Union in University Village. In second place is Diversey and Lake Shore Drive in Lincoln Park. Also on the list is the infamous six-cornered intersection of Damen, North and Milwaukee in Wicker Park. Drivers are increasingly distracted while driving, making the roads dangerous for runners and pedestrians, particularly at intersections where it is more difficult to see and have proper visibility.
Fleet Feet’s full list of Most Dangerous Intersections in Chicago:
- Roosevelt and Union, University Village
- Diversey and Lake Shore, Lincoln Park
- Kedzie and Logan, Logan Square
- Alleyways, all of them
- Elston and Irving Park, Irving Park
- Halsted and Fullerton, Lincoln Park
- Fullerton, Elston and Damen, Bucktown
- Ashland and Cortland, Wicker Park
- Ardmore and Sheridan, Edgewater
- LaSalle and Clark, Lincoln Park
- Sangamon and Jackson, Greektown
- Damen, North and Milwaukee, Wicker Park
Bonus: Waveland and Kenmore, during baseball season
If you or your loved one has been hit by a car while running or walking or if you have been injured in any accident, the experienced team at Dixon Law Office can help. We have worked with hundreds of injury victims to help them get the compensation they deserve. Call now to schedule a meeting with a lawyer to discuss the specific facts of your injury case at toll-free at 888-354-9880 or click here to visit our website.