Contact Us Today For Help!

Nursing Home Abuse, Neglect & Malpractice

Nursing Home Abuse, Neglect and Malpractice Attorney

i-nursinghomeabuseWhen a loved one is placed in the care of a nursing home, you expect that all of their needs will be met, cared for and attended to. Negligence and abuse in these areas are all too common. Violations continue to occur every single day.

These are common warning signs that a nursing home resident may suffering:

  • Weight loss
  • Falls
  • Bruises
  • Bed sore(s)
  • Restraints
  • Substitution of medication or sedatives
  • Medication for supervision
  • The inability of the facility to explain the patient’s current condition

Common Nursing Home cases and causes of abuse, neglect and malpractice:

  • Bed Sores, Pressure Sores
  • Falls
  • Physical, Sexual or Verbal Assault or Abuse
  • Physical or Chemical Restraints
  • Malnutrition or Dehydration
  • Medication Errors
  • Burn or skin irregularities

How Are Damages Calculated In Nursing Home Cases In Illinois?

In Illinois there a couple of ways that this is done. There are special laws that apply only to nursing homes within the nursing home care act.


These are tragic situations and often very difficult because you are trusting the nursing home and they are supposed to protect your loved one from harm. Look for obvious signs like bruises, cuts, but also things that are less obvious like unexplained falls or where your loved one is wandering around without being attended to.

What Should I Do If My Mom or Dad Was Hurt In A Nursing Home?

If your loved one is in a nursing home, you are trusting for that nursing home to take care of your mom or dad, etc. If you believe that something has been done wrong, you need to speak up right away because your loved one is not able to advocate for themselves.

How Do I Get The Medical Records For My Mom or Dad In A Nursing Home?

Often times people in nursing home do not have the ability to request their own records. However, if a lawyer needs to evaluate a case then we need to get them. There are several ways that this can be done. You can open an estate and get someone appointed to represent your Mom or Dad. A lawyer can help you!

If you suspect that a loved one is being harmed, abused, or mistreated as a result of nursing home abuse, neglect or malpractice issue, contact the Dixon Law Office immediately.


Latest News

9 Things You Should Know Before Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney: