Transforming yourself into a superhero, princess, favorite animal or legendary sports star at Halloween is no doubt one of the most magical parts of childhood. But parents need to be sure costumes fit correctly and meet safety standards before kids head out to Halloween parades, parties and trick-or-treating.
Following are 5 Safety Tips for Halloween Costumes:
1. Purchase costumes that are labeled “flame resistant” that are made of fabrics that won’t easily catch on fire. Lighted candles in houses and jack-o-lanterns can easily catch costumes on fire.
2. Use face paint and makeup rather than masks, which can obstruct vision.
3. Make sure costumes are not too long, which can cause children to trip.
4. Wear comfortable and properly fitting shoes to avoid tripping and blisters.
5. Whether your child is wearing a dark or brightly colored costume, make sure he or she is visible–even in afternoon trick-or-treating. Add reflective tape to treat buckets, and children also can carry a glowstick or flashlight.
At Dixon Law Office, we hope you have a fun and safe Halloween! If something goes wrong this Halloween, contact us if you or your loved one is hurt in an accident. We have worked with many injury victims to help them get the compensation they deserve, and we can help you, too. Contact us toll-free at 888-354-9880, or click here for a free consultation.