Contact Us Today For Help!

Toddler Dies in Window Blind Cord Accident

by Dixon Law Office

Window blind cord strangulation is a silent and quick killer, and it’s one of the top hidden dangers in homes. Many times, a small child dies in a window cord accident with a parent right in the room or closeby. Sadly, a three-year old girl died last week in Utah after accidentally tangling a window blind cord around her neck while playing with a friend, according to this CNN story.

The Consumer Products Safety Commission reports that about once a month, a child dies from a window cord strangulation. Children up to age 10 can be in danger of injury and death from these accidents, particularly young kids who are progressing from walking to running to climbing. Millions of blinds have been recalled over the years, and many major retail stores have committed to selling only blinds that are safe for children, such as cordless blinds or those with inaccessible cords. However, many dangerous window blind cords are still present in thousands of homes across the country. Parents should examine all shades and blinds for cords on the front and back as well as move cribs and beds away from windows.

If your child has been injured by a window blind cord or in any other accident, you should talk with an experienced attorney to help you get the compensation you deserve. At Dixon Law Office, we have helped many personal injury accident victims, and we can help you, too. Contact us today to set up a meeting with a lawyer to discuss the specific facts of your injury case at 888/354-9880 or click here.

Skip to content